Cultivating high quality and special varieties of coffee often reacquires special conditions which creates great challenges for the growers.
This project, of 143 Ha. Is located 2000m above Sea level on a mountain slop, is such an example:
- The steep topography and non-standard plots create a major challenge for irrigation design.
- Rocks and stones interfered with the installation of pipelines on the mountain.
- Connecting bridges and Steel pipes where needed to overcome steep valleys.
- A Fertilization. Filters and Command center was built and connected to 3 local Wells.
- More than 10 km of buried PVC pipes lead to more than 100 computer- controlled Valves in the plots.
- Water derived through 50 km of manifolds on steep slopes to more than 500’000 m. of Drip laterals.
- AmnonDrip PC chosen as the optimal solution for its ability to provide flow uniformity even in the steepest slops.
- Five fertilizer pumps allow simultaneous application of 5 different types of fertilizer through the irrigation system directly to the plants roots, according to season and plants size.
Watch this movie- following NaanDanJain Turnkey project in Guatemala's mountains - and see how NaanDanJain solutions can overcome any challenge and supply the optimal conditions that produce your next perfect cup of coffee!